Equality, diversity and inclusion
We serve one of the most diverse populations in the country, and we're committed to eliminating discrimination, valuing diversity and promoting equality of opportunity to build and sustain an inclusive environment to deliver and receive safe and compassionate care.
It is our policy to ensure that no service-user, employee or job applicant is treated less favourably on the grounds of their sex, colour, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, social background, marital status, hours worked, responsibilities as a carer, trade union activities, unrelated criminal conviction, or blood-borne virus status.
Our main local areas, Newham and Tower Hamlets, together with Waltham Forest, are among London’s youngest, most diverse and most deprived communities, with a significantly higher proportion of people aged 24 and under than the UK average. Parts of northeast London are also anticipating an increase in residents aged over 65, with resultant implications for health care as older people are generally higher users of health services.
As a healthcare provider and a major local employer, with our vision to be a high performing group of NHS hospitals, renowned for excellence and innovation and providing safe and compassionate care to our patients in east London and beyond, we recognise our role in the wider community to promote equality and eliminate discrimination.
Our diversity and inclusion positive action charter
Our diversity and inclusion positive action charter sets out our organisational commitment to positive action in relation to diversity and inclusion at Barts Health.
Annual equality information
As equality is at the heart of our continued commitment to be the best employer of choice and the very best environment for receiving healthcare and to also meet statutory requirements, each year we publish our equality information:
- Career development slides [pptx] 13MB
- WeBelong one year on report [docx] 3MB
- Workforce Disability Equality Standard 2020/21 annual report and action plan [docx] 420KB
- WRES Report 2020-2021[docx] 394KB
- Inclusion matters: equality information report 2020-21 including gender pay gap report [pdf] 3MB
- Gender pay gap report 2020 [pdf] 3MB
- WDES Annual Report 2020.docx [docx] 382KB
- Inclusion matters: equality information report 2019 including gender pay gap report [pdf] 3MB
- Inclusion matters: equality information including gender pay gap report 2018 [pdf] 2MB
- Inclusion matters: equality information report 2017 [pdf] 2MB
- Inclusion matters: equality information report 2016 [pdf] 2MB
How to give us feedback
If you have any suggestions on how we could further improve, please share them with us. You can email the inclusion team or write to:
The inclusion team
Barts Health NHS Trust
Floors 8 and 9
20 Churchill Place
London E14 5HJ